Sunday 20 March 2016

Prestwick Beach - March 2016



What: Prestwick Beach
Where: Prestwick, Ayrshire
When: Sunday 13th March 2016
With: Nikon D3300

As a kid from Glasgow a trip to the seaside was a rare and exciting day out. Often to Helensburgh with the odd trip to Ayrshire. 

Normally the Ayrshire trip would be to the beach at Ayr which was always busy on a sunny day, full of fellow Glaswegians. Little did I know that just along the coast was the quieter and nicer Prestwick beach - along with my future wife. 

Since meeting Amy I have made many, many, trips down to Ayrshire. The train from Glasgow Central, once it hits Ayrshire - hugs the coast and offers lovely views of the Firth of Clyde and famous Scottish links golf courses. The drive or bus (X77 from Glasgow) is just as quick passing the 'pure, dead, brilliant' Glasgow Prestwick Airport. 

There are plenty of places on the main street to get something to eat or drink and on a nice day to get an ice cream. The beach is a haven for cyclists, dog walkers and doting courting couples.

I was down visiting the in laws last weekend and despite the brisk weather on the Sunday morning I didn't want to miss the opportunity to take my new camera to the beach and try and get some nice photos - results are above. 

My camera and I will be back in the summer where hopefully we will be joined by the sun and some heat.

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are amazing! :)

    www.sparkleberryblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent photos!

    http://skinnydecxflatte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete